Prof. Dr. Franz Porzsolt
Clinical Economist, President of ICE e.V.
Franz Porzsolt graduated from the Ontario Cancer Institute in Toronto, Ontario after his medical state examination in Marburg and a DFG grant from the Ontario Cancer Institute. Franz Porzsolt completed his training as a specialist in internal medicine and specialisation in haematology and internal oncology with Prof. Herrmann Heimpel in Ulm. He was a member of the board of directors of the Tumour Centre Ulm for 10 years and at that time he was responsible for the basic considerations of clinical economics, which are published in three books and more than 500 scientific articles. Together with various European and Brazilian teams, he has developed a method to test which of the health effects achievable under ideal conditions can be reproduced under everyday conditions (External Link).
Dr. Susanne Isabel Becker
Psychiatrist, Vice President of ICE e.V.
For ten years, Susanne Becker worked as cancer epidemiologist within the framework of the French-German Initiative Chernobyl investigating the aftermath of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Accident in the countries most highly contaminated. She got both a postgraduate Master’s degree in Public Health and her PhD from the University of Munich before training as a Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist. Ms Becker gained extensive experience as a consultant and worked as chief physician in Saxony before taking up her current position. She is now entrusted with building up a psychiatric clinic in North Rhine-Westphalia. She takes a keen interest not only in individual care but in all aspects of delivering preventive measures and high quality care to populations.
Prof. Dr. Christel Weiß
Biomathematician, Secretary of ICE e.V.
- studies in mathematics and physics at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
- researcher at the Institute for Experimental Surgery, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 1991 – PhD. Doctor scientiarum humanarum; recognition as medical computer scientist by GMDS
- since 1999 – Head of the Department of Medical Statistics and Biomathematics at the Mannheim Medical Department of Heidelberg University
- 2011 – Venia Legendi in the subjects of Biomathematics and Epidemiology
- since 2014 – Professor (apl.) at Mannheim Medical Department, Heidelberg University
- author or co-author of about 300 specialist articles and two books (“Basiswissen Medizinische Statistik”, published by Springer-Verlag, and “Promotion. Die medizinische Doktorarbeit – von der Themensuche bis zu Dissertation”, published by Thieme-Verlag).
Albert G. Müller
Business Graduate, Treasurer of ICE e.V.
- studies in business economics in Mannheim, Stuttgart and Munich
- 10 years of professional experience at a banking establishment and at Paul Hartmann AG, including 4 years at a French affiliate in France
- since 1986 – Associate Managing Director and Head of Finance at the University Hospital Ulm (for over 30 years now)
- in these capacities he is member of the Baden-Wurttemberg Board of Arbitration “Hospital”, the Baden-Wurttemberg Hospital Association (BWKG) and the Federation of University Hospitals Germany (VUD).
Prof. Dr. med. Manfred Weiss
Anaesthesiologist, MBA, Board Member of ICE e.V.
- Medical studies in Bochum, Germany
- qualification as specialist in anaesthesiology at the Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf
- 1995 - senior physician at the Department of Anaesthesiology of the University Hospital Ulm
- recognition as Specialist in Anaesthesiological Intensive-Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Specialist in Pain Management and Palliative Care. Master of Business Administration for Physicians
- leading roles in the research groups "Human Resources and Personnel Requirement Planning" and "Epidemiology / Ethics Panel" of the German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (DGAI)
- member of the scientific think tank "Intensive-Care Medicine" of the DGAI in the Translational Intensive-Care Medicine Research Network (TIFOnet ) of the Immunology Research Group
- research areas: heterogeneity of immune response in intensive therapy patients with the goal of benefit-oriented application, project "care at the end of life", more than 100 scientific publications.